Divorce Notes Week 5
FACING MY LONELINESS
It is almost impossible to explain how devastating the loneliness of divorce is……….
What is loneliness? ….Nobody Understands
Rejection by the Ex ….Traded in?
Rejection by family and friends …you aren’t family anymore!
Isolation …safer to suffer alone
- Self medication
- New Relationship
Dealing with loneliness
- Being single isn’t that bad
- Learn from it (what could I have done better?)
- Make new (safe) friends
- Allow others to be helpful
- It takes humility (don’t be self absorbed)
- Serve others (easy to find someone else who is also in pain)
- Reach out to and learn to know GOD
GOD’s Message to You: “ The LORD is near. Don’t be anxious about anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to GOD. And the peace of GOD which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phillippians 4:5-7