WEEK 3- Divorce Recovery
In Divorce, there is a lot to be angry about!
- Betrayal by the one who is closest to you
- Hurt by lies
- Loss of dreams, plans and possessions
- Loss of Reputation
ANGER IS LIKE KUDZU…IT GROWS FAST AND CHOKES OUT EVERYTHING ELSE!
- Sometimes you should be angry (but do not sin)
- When is it appropriate? What is the cause and how can I respond?
- It is evaluated by GOD
- Violence (you can’t kill em, even if you want to)
- Suppressing it (suck it in until you pop)
- Passive-Aggressive Behavior- (let’s act nice but be mean underneath)
- Getting Revenge (isn’t that a TV show???)
Healthy Expressions of Anger
- Release inappropriate control (your spouse didn’t listen to you when you were married and they won’t listen now)
- Avoid high conflict situations
- Exercise (burn that energy)
- Remember that GOD is our model…remember how kind God has been to you.
GOD’s message to you: “In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the Devil a foothold.” Ephesians 4: 26-27