WEEK 2- Divorce Recovery
You may ask “HOW LONG WILL I LIVE WITH THIS PAIN?”
- Will I Ever be Happy Again?
- I Can’t Stand This!
- Where do I Go From Here?
- I feel literally TORN from my spouse, my dreams, my life….
Grieving Your Marriage
- Don’t avoid it
- Don’t rush yourself
- Take a personal inventory
- Take care of your body
Roadblocks to Recovery
- Stuck in your past ( you don’t live there anymore)
- Being unsafe (you don’t have to test the waters)
- Making divorce your identity (divorce isn’t your name)
- Numbing pain (drugs, alcohol, sex, work…don’t solve it)
- Unnecessary sufferings (pick and choose what works for you)
God’s message to you: “the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted…to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion….Isaiah 61:1-3