- Existing Relationships have changed: in-laws are outlaws. Friends have chosen sides or run away. Couples treat you like a threat (why?).
- You feel shame for failure (and others will help you feel miserable)
- Healing takes time and time helps avoid mistakes
Can I Date?
- Is the divorce final?
- NO: you are married. You cannot date.
- YES: You are FREE! Why “date”?
- YOU are FREE! Take time to enjoy your independence……THEN
- AM I FINISHED with the relationship with the EX? No chance of
Reconciliation…not sitting around wishing I were there….not planning
Mayhem or murder (lol).
- NO: Consider counseling and reconciliation.
- YES: No more ex
- Is my relationship with Jesus complete?
- NO: date Jesus awhile. Time to serve at the soup kitchen, visit the sick
And lonely at the hospital. Pray. Fast. Meditate. Sing.
- YES: Continue all of the above and do a PERSONAL INVENTORY
What do I have to offer?
- Are my finances in order?
- What about children? Are they secure and protected?
- Am I working and doing my best there?
- Is my “church life” healthy?
- Do I want to date because I NEED something or because I have a lot to offer?
Can men and women “just be friends”
- Watch “When Harry Met Sally”. Billy Crystal will tell you………..
- NO. Sexual tension will always be there
- You can become attached even if you don’t want to keep them
The GRAND FINALE!!!!
LEARN FROM DIVORCE
DON’T TAKE ON TOO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY TOO FAST
DATE GOD. HE IS FORGIVING.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all of this through Jesus Christ who gives me strength (Phillippians 4:12-13)