After 10 years of singles ministry, I have new statistics to work with:
- in 2000, 49% of US citizens over the age of 18 were SINGLE.
- in 2010, 50.5% of US citizens ” are SINGLE.
- in 2000, 33% of babies were born to SINGLE mothers.
- in 2010, 37% of babies are born to SINGLE mothers.
- in 2000, 1 in 3 fathers in FL pay their full child support each month.
- in 2010, 30%
- In 2000, one Church of Christ in FL had a paid SINGLES minister.
- In 2010, ZERO!
one would think that we must be focusing on MARRIAGE ENRICHMENT! Unfortunately, it seems our divorce rate has also risen.
So, what is the solution?